Sunday, March 14, 2010

Dolce Studio Films

The wedding video... i had a few choices.

Being a multimedia artist has its advantages... I can edit footage, mix it and splice it with some music and special effects, and then make a DVD in about a day or two (16 hours-ish), with an awesome menu, slide show, and a custom designed DVD cover. I'd done it once for a family friend. The thing is, it's A LOT of work, though i know i'd be saving LOTS of time doing it.

So what do I do? Do I:

A) hire someone who does amazing shots, and pay for the raw footage

or

B) hire someone to do it all, and eat up the costs?

well... with Dolce Studio Films, I found a nice alternative that is cost effective.

They offer a "Vintage Package" for $1400, which includes:

  • 4 consecutive hours of coverage in High Def video
  • 3 copies in Blue Ray DVD of a 15 minute fully edited highlight reel
  • a copy of the raw unedited full length video on DVD
So a 15 minute reel isnt the whole thing, but just the highlights of the day set to slow-mo with some music in the background. I think it's a great alternative to just having the raw footage, as I'll immediately have something to watch. I know it will take me a while to get around it, but I could definitely work on editing and putting the rest of the footage into my own DVD another day! I did customize it some by adding another 2 hours to the coverage, since the ceremony's at 4, cocktail hour is at 5, and reception is 6-11. So i have scheduled coverage to go from 3:45-9:45, which i think is perfect!

They sent me a DVD with great samples of their work,and they came highly recommended by my friend Trang Dam who is a fellow Multimedia Artist and wonderful Wedding Photographer.

Here is a sample of their video from their blog post about Rainy Day weddings:

No comments:

Post a Comment