Friday, January 15, 2010

The Venue

So one thing I found out about my town:

Weddings. Are. Expensive.

That's just it. You just have to deal with it. Of course, there are ways around it.

I could follow in my cousin's footsteps who married into Vietnamese families and go with a chinese restaurant, with the per-head costs being half of what a standard american reception would cost here. Thing is, Mr. Smallville and his family aren't even Asian, and they're partial to American food. Not really an option there.

Then there is another option. I could always rent a community center or a moose lodge, have Aunt Mary and Cousin Jamie's family make a few dishes, buy some plastic cups and paper plates and be done with it in a couple thousand for the whole thing? Right?

Wrong.

I do consider myself somewhat of a bridey-bride. I've known (since I met him) how this day would go. In fact i did some "preliminary research" about weddings wayyy before we were engaged (like say beginning late 2007). Yes, I know I was jumping the gun but when you know.. you just... well.. KNOW.

Criteria:

  • In Virginia - Though it's up here in the DC area, and all of the groom's family will be travellng for the festivities, i wanted to be respectful enough to my In-Law's side that its not blatantly have it in DC or Maryland. Somehow psychologically, I think keeping it in "Virginia" looks better.
  • No/Minimal Rental Fee - Gorgeous places here have a price tag from $5,000-$12,000 JUST FOR THE SPACE! That is NOT within my budget!
  • Reasonable Food & Beverage per head cost for: cocktail hour, seated dinner, and drinks
  • Outdoor ceremony space - garden weddings are so lovely
  • Great back-up plan for ceremony in case of Inclement Weather - because you just never know
  • Seats 180-200 folks comfortably with a sizeable dance floor. - because i'm filipino, and we have big families, and we love to party and dance the night away

Anyway, after countless research into venues with rental pricetags in the thousands, and caterers with per head costs that would send you to the hospital... I found my venue.

Wait for it...

Wait for it

oh .. here it is!




The Heritage Hunt Golf and Country Club in Gainesville, VA offers a beautiful setting and lovely/elegant facilities with full service catering at a reasonable price (for the area).

It has a small fee for the site rental if you're not a member or a resident of Heritage Hunt. There is also an additional fee for an outdoor wedding set up, but nothing too outrageous compared to others.



I loved their ballroom. It was newly renovated this past spring!

Below you see the picture of a ceremony that takes place in their courtyard. Weather permitting, that is where we will have ours! If it rains, the ceremony will be held in the ballroom.



No comments:

Post a Comment