Sunday, January 24, 2010

For the love of good Photography...

More than anything, I knew that this was going to be where I'd invest most of my wedding funds.

Shoes? They don't last but a couple years.

Flowers? they die in a few days.

Photos?

Well... they last forever.

I have a very good friend, who I'm very close to who is a wedding photographer. Her work is beautiful, and I'd hire her in a heartbeat, but i want her to actually be a GUEST at my wedding, rather than a vendor.

I know someone else who does a wonderful job with photography--my parent's friend's son. I love his work. I've admired it for well over a year. Sadly, when I called him days after I got engaged, he had to break the news that he signed a contract with another client for that very day.

Disappointed? Yes. I was pretty heartbroken, but like he told me, I had to move forward.

I did some digging.

On his website, I read his second shooters names. On his Facebook, I saw that one of his second shooters had his website.


I checked out the site, and it turns out a good 25-33% of the photos i loved on Studio Saldana's site belonged to Hino Banzon.


I met up with him within a week, and i loved his work, and thought he was a great guy. So I hired Hino B Photography to do my wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment