Monday, January 18, 2010

Ceremony Music: The Harp...

The Harp

It makes a beautiful sound.

In fact when I was in high school, my priest would play the harp during mass, and I found it enchanting.

So now...



I hired a harpist to play my ceremony music. Her name is Diana Marie Gibbs.

She has a large repertoire, and she will also learn music if she can find the legal sheet music to it, which helps a ton.

which is great because here are my music choices:

Bridal March: Michae Buble - Home (it was our first song)

Recessional: Edwin McCain - I'll Be (it was our 2nd song)

Another thing you might not know about me: I am a Twilight fan.

Yes I hear all of you rolling your eyes right now (I have superhuman hearing). Frankly, I dont care, and really, this will be my ONLY nod to the fandom in which I belong.

Selections from Twilight:
Procession of my Bridal Party:

Prelude (played in the 30 min before I walk down the aisle) I wanted a mix of classics and contemporary music, as well as:
  • Carter Burwell's "Bella's Lullaby"
  • Alexandre Despat's "New Moon (The Meadow)"
  • And whatever Musical theme from Eclipse, due out this June 30th.

One thing great with Diana? She said yes to playing it all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment