Monday, May 17, 2010

Hair and Make up Woes and Wins

Not sure if i told you but Katie Ricasa, Kater2you makeup, had to cancel on my wedding because she's pregnant and due teh day that I get married. Congrats to Kate!

So that leaves me to looking for a new makeup person, AND I still have to look for a hair person. So I went to try one out at a salon near the hotel and venue of my wedding.


Sloppy Sally:

I don't have pictures from my first hair trial from two weeks ago. I may post it later. It was hair and makeup actually.

Verdict: I liked the hair, but not the makeup.

Unfortunately, the make-up w/ Girl #1, lets call her SloppySally, i looked d sort of a racoon eye look that startled me when i looked in the mirror, and it was a bit sloppy. LIke i wanted to go in and "edit" her make up sloppy.

The hair was cute but it started falling when i was in the car on the way home, and completely falling when i got to my mom, who found my falling hair unacceptable and called me a racoon with my makeup, lol.

So, i'm probably not going to go with her. Also, she asked if my sister was my daughter, which to me doesn't exactly secure my business deal with her, lol.


Totally Tracy!

So after Sloppy Sally, I figured i should go with someone else. I dont know if you remember my Engagement Photo Session, but that day i went to a young lady that works for MAC in Fair Oaks mall who happens to do house calls for weddings. Anyway, I actually liked her make up (it was a bit much for everyday, but it was beautiful and photographed lovely) I decided i'd go with her. Now, I needed to find a hair dresser that makes housecalls...

Went to a hair trial last week. She is one of my good friend's former coworkers, and just so happens that the salon she works at is 2 doors down from my office! So i went there just this past wednesday for a trial. Not only was this really nice hair, but it STAYED! And she was amazing as a person!



There are flowers in my hair because I had Edward Teng do a headpiece for me that will go underneath/to the side of my bun. And of course, i forgot to bring it with me, so we improvised with these blooms she picked off from a potted plant. It was pretty funny. I liked her a lot, as well as my hair. Her trial is well priced. I'll go in there again with the actual headpiece later this summer so we can do a hair trail. She requested I grow my hair and bangs so she'd have more to work with. I'm excited to see her again!

Since she knows my friend, she's giving me and my sister a GREAT deal on my wedding hair and the bridesmaids' hair! I will have to tip her really big!

No comments:

Post a Comment