Saturday, May 1, 2010

Pretty Pretty

My church dress, and bridal shower was done by a seamstress/neighbor friend of my aunt's, Tita Josie, in manila. She does some great work just from her home! I also had her do the flowergirl's dresses as well as (Mr. Smallville's mom) Mama Smallville's dress.

THE BRIDAL SHOWER DRESS

so my idea was to get something similar to a dress i fell in love with at anthropologie a couple of years ago:
So here is how the dress came out:

Its Ivory Georgette with a chocolate sash and orange/brown floral embroidery.

im going to wear it with my franco sarto orange leather strappy pumps. So fun and flirty! i love it!


THE CHURCH CEREMONY DRESS

The idea behind my dress: a knee length lace dress with a sash, and hopefully a crystal brooch. I wanted it to look a lot like Monique Lhuillier's dresses. Since its for a church wedding, and i'm baring my legs, i figured it would be appropriate that i wear a bolero, so I wanted to get one done. Here are the photos I gave Tita Josie for my dress.


And here's the outcome:



It's cream charmeuse and off white beaded lace. The lace was uber reasonably priced at PHP450/yard which is about $9-10! Sure beats the alencon lace that my mom and I found in the store nearby. I know its not "french/alencon" but i think its just as pretty! A close up of the top w/ the bolero, sash and brooch.


I was lucky enough that my friend, Holly, who currently lives in Seoul, came to visit me all the way from korea while I was there. She was generous enough to gift me with two gorgeous brooches, this being one of them. The other brooch is the one you see on my bridal shower dress above. Thanks Holly!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! You sure got a lot done! The dresses are gorgeous. I love them all and can't wait to see pictures of you in it. So happy for you! You're gonna make a beautiful bride!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @phuong thank you so much! sorry it took so long to respond! I didnt realize anyone comments on my blog! lol i'm pretty excited! thank you so much for swinging by!

    ReplyDelete