Saturday, May 8, 2010

She Get It From Her Momma!

In honor of Mother's Day, I figured I'd post the mother of the groom and bride's dresses here.

First off, Mama Smallville's pick: Its Montage by Mon Cheri Bridals

Its like a shiney satin with a lace bodice and lace detail on the sleeve of the bolero. The inside (not pictured) is actually strapless. These were one of the dresses we got copied. So we went to manila and my mom came back with:

So what do you think? yea, i took it w/ my camera phone, so its blurry. I apologize for that. However, you can see that we also added some beading to the lace. I love the light gold. Its so pretty!
Now, lets take a look at the sketch Mr. Edward Teng drew for my mother:


Nice, isn't it? It was copied after a dress that an actress wore on a tele-drama in manila. the actress had close to the same body frame as my mom. I helped her pick out a nice shade of copper for her dress. She didnt want to look exactly like the bridesmaids, who are in the burnt sienna/rust orange color.
Here is the final result:

HOw do you like it? I ABOSOLUTELY Love it! its bronze w/ brown and gold crystal beading and floral applique! God, they're good!


No comments:

Post a Comment