Sunday, February 21, 2010

A DJ... 'Coz we likes to partay!!

I was originally going with an old friend who DJs in big clubs in LA and is flown all over the country to work parties and clubs.

That was the dream, at least.

He said he'd offer me a great rate. And he did.

Unfortunately, I had to fly him and his partner out in addition to the fee. Eventually, it wasnt looking good for my wedding budget, so i had to keep looking.

Steven Hessing

That was the name my cousin gave me for her DJ in 2006. In fact he also DJ'ed another friend's wedding in 2007. I thought he was decent, and when I called him, i found him to be a great person!

So I sent him a list of music:

Dinner: great love songs from the 80s, 90's and 2000s, and some choice country ballads to appease the groom and his fam.

Dancing: Oh so much...

Lots of Black Eyed Peas
Lots of Justin Timberlake
Lots of Gwen Stefani
Lots of Pussycat Dolls
Lots of Pitbull
Lots of Music Produced by Timbaland
Lots of Bad Boy Records circa mid-90s
A few Michael Jackson greats (I like his songs before thriller the best)
Q-Tip - Vivirant thang, and Breathe and Stop
BBD - Poison
Wrecks n Effect - Rumpshaker
Line Dancing songs for the oldies: Electric Slide, Chacha Slide, Achy Breaky Heart
Other Oldies Dancing Songs: One being a few selections from Jive Bunny and teh Master Mixers!


a party classic from my youth: Rob Base - It Takes Two





and much much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment