Saturday, September 11, 2010

Groom's Cake Idea

The password to our wedding web site is Smallville.


It was the first subject we ever discussed while on Instant Messenger, before we met, of course. We debated on whether or not Lana Lang was good enough for Clarke. I was adamant to say no. He's meant not for silly little her, but for sophisticated, spicy Lois Lane.


For those of you who don't know, Lois calls Clarke Smallville. Why? Because he's kinda dorky, small-town, and the town he's from is called Smallville.


Being from the big city, I'd always assumed I'd meet city guy. Little did I know where I'd find love... and it was the absolute unexpected place ever! But, he's GREAT! With my humble, kind, small town boyfriend of southern VA, I also call him Smallville... sometimes.


So what I am planning to do is have just a few TASTEFUL things give a nod to our very first bonding experience with Smallville.
  1. The website password, again, is smallville.
  2. The table numbers, will also have names that have to do with Smallville, Superman, and all the DC Comics places/locations/cities.
  3. The Groom's Cake





Well the above is an idea, anyway.


I have concerns that my original wedding cake will turn his father off, who likes very simple and straight to the point vanilla cake with vanilla frosting: No chocolote, no fruit, no nuts. Too bad that qualifies in all 3 of my wedding cake flavors!


So, here's a way to provide "simple" to his father, and to other guests who like vanilla. Though i couldn't resist putting one of Lara's irresistible fruit curds in there, so i went with a lemon curd, since i know he and his dad like eating cake with a bit of lemon in it (as long as its not too strong).


I have put in an order with Fluffy Thoughts for a 9-inch blue cake with the superman emblem on it! It will be yellow cake with vanilla cream cheese frosting and the lemon curd. It should serve something like 25-30 people. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment