Monday, August 2, 2010

Ceramic Candle Holder Favors

Another labor of love... Packaging the Candle Holder Favors!

My mom and I were a little busy this weekend...

We started off with the ceramic cut out candle holders that my aunt so generously bought me, made in the Philippines... Cavite to be exact.

We had to package them special with lots of newspaper and bubble wrap before stuffing it into our luggage back to the US. It wasn't the smartest choice given how heavy and bulky they were.

In fact, we had to ask two of my mom's friends to put it in to their suit cases as well.

As you know from my one post about ideas, that I was going to get 4x4 tucktop boxes from papermart to hold them. I also got chocolate tissue paper from the same web site for a little contrast when you open it up.




Afterwards, we finished it off with a similar sash and ribbon that was on the invitation, only this one was 16.5 inches long while the sash on the invite was only 12 inches long.



My mom came up with a great idea of sealing the chocolate tissue wrapped candle holder with a gold sticker that we bought from Staples. It added a nice, classy touch when you open it inside.



How does it look? DO you like it? i happen to love it!

2 comments:

  1. My fiance and I wanted to use nice boxes for our guests to fill with sweet treats from our dessert table. I really like these boxes you used. Do you think that they can hold small desserts?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Anon- I think it can definitely house small desserts! Check out papermart.com. They're called Pintuck Top Boxes, and come in an array of sizes! I think the 4x4 would work perfect for cupcakes, nd there are smaller and larger sizes available!

    ReplyDelete