Sunday, April 25, 2010

Favors Finalized!

My favors are done!

As I told you in a previous post about my favors, one of them were filigree/cut-work ceramic candle holders. Pictured is the original prototype that we had copied (the original vendor had shut down). My aunt found a shop that makes something like this, but stoneware instead of porcelain. Its rather lovely and the cutouts will illuminate beautifully w/ a candle inside!

There was some issues with the bulkiness, weight, and fragility of the items. Apparently my mom and I didn't think this through, in regards to packing these into our luggage and getting them safely to the U.S. Luckily I was able to get about 52 of them into my 2 large suitcases. We're sending 12-18 with other family friends that are currently there and are coming to the states. My mom can't pack many because she'll be taking my gown and hers with her, and thats enough to cover one piece of luggage itself!

anyway, so, i can check off the box next to half of my favors now!

No comments:

Post a Comment