Monday, April 26, 2010

Edward Teng, Part II

As i mentioned in a previous post, i was going to visit Edward Teng's shop in Santa Mesa, Metro Manila. In fact, it was my first stop the first morning that i was there, because I knew my gown would be a rush job (they usually request about 1-2 months for the dress, and i was only going to give them 3 weeks).

I don't have any images yet of Edward sketching my gown, but my friend will send them to me soon (I didn't have a camera, she did).

However, i was able to take a quick shot of the final sketch and a detail of the gown myself.


So here's the sketch of the gown. Its a semi-A line/princess cut, strapless, sweetheart neckline, with a 1 yard train. They're using ecru colored mikado silk, and it contains a built in bra/corsette. It has embroidery, glass beading, and floral embellishments. For easy adjustements, we chose a drawstring laced back, much like dresses of the early 1900s (and much earlier).

I went in another three times there to try on the dress. they rushed the production of the dress (without beading) for the first fitting. Second fitting ahd more adjustments, but it was to finetune it for my final fitting just this past tuesday.

On my third fitting, they were able to provide a sample of the embellishments for me to see. I took a close-up shot w/ my phone below:

So this will be done by April 30, and my mom will arrive with it May 2nd. I can't wait to pick her up from the airport!


No comments:

Post a Comment