Monday, April 5, 2010

Cake is "My Passion"

Lara Stuckey, the talented pastry chef/artist who will be doing my cake, has finally launched the opening of her bakery, Fluffy Thoughts, in Mclean, Virginia. My sister and I were there this past Friday for a visit, and to take a few things home, of course.


Here is a picture of the slice of "My Passion" cake that I brought home to my mom. I mention it in my previous post about the wedding cake. Its the main flavor that will make up about 50% of the cake that i've ordered for the wedding. I got a 2nd slice for Mr. Smallville to try as well.
Again, its her white cake, with blackberry buttercream, passion fruit curd, and vanilla buttercream frosting. And I must say, that passion fruit is like crack.
My mom and dad loved it. Mr. Smallville ended up scarfing it down in a few bites. it was his dinner for last night!
Below is a picture of her red velvet with cream cheese icing:


This one is a sample of one of my other flavors, "Mine Oh Mine," which will be red velvet cake, dark chocoloate ganache, 2 rows cream cheese and 1 row cookies and cream (oreo) buttercream.

With my pending trip to manila and my frequent change of mind about my dress design, there might be revisoins to the original design i spoke to Lara about in the first meeting. We'll see once i get back from manila on the 23rd of this month.

mmmm, cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment